Home of the Onyx Rose Company - Guild on Celestial Hills - Tera US

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onyx Rose Company

A Pirate's Journal

Keagon
    Keagon

A Pirate's Journal Empty A Pirate's Journal

Post by Keagon Tue May 29, 2012 7:36 pm

As much as he loved the freedom of the sea, Keagon loathed being a ship rider on another captain's ship. He knew in order to keep up appereances he had to look like he was just another sailor hitting port from some trade ship. Keagon climbed up to the crowes nest in order to get a better view of Cutthroat harbor as it came into view. "How long has it been?" he wondered as the ship's lines were secured to the pier. Keagon shook the though from his head and grabed hold of one of the lines dangling from the mast and half swung and half slide down to the main deck below.

Unlike all the other sailors, elbowing and climbing over each other to get down to the pier and off to the closest bottle of rum, Keagon walked the decks and methodically took mental note of the other ships and cargo being loaded. Smirking to himself he made his way down the now cleared out brow and heading to the only tarven he knew of in this town and to a well earned bottle of rum.

His so called "mates" were already well into their drink when he walked in. He saw one empty table and headed over to it, while grabing a bottle of rum from one of the occupied sailors. Sitting down, he took a swig and took in the scene. Three people caught his eye, two seemed to be a bit to well dressed to be sailors and the other seemed she didn't belong at all. Keagon sighed and leaned back against the table and took another swig of rum. Out of the corner of his eye he caught a lad running through the crowd. With practiced timing, Keagon reached out and snatched the lad by the shoulder as he tried run out the door. Reaching into his bracer, Keagon pulled out a not and handed to the lad. "Ye know the dockmaster right laddy?", the boy nodded his response. "Take this note to 'im and bring me back his answer." With that Keagon released the lad and leaned back again.

Keagon scan the bar again and settled his eyes on the only three civil ones in the place. One was a male castanic and the other two were both elven females. He sized up the out of place one really quick and did some quick calculations on how much she might fetch with the slavers. He figured she would be the one least likely to fight back. As he begin to devise how he'd go about doing it, the lad came back through and handed Keagon a note. "He wants double does he?", Keagon rubbed his chin in thought. "You tell 'im that if he wants double I want it all, ye got that laddy?" The boy was still nodding as he ran back out the door.

His mood slightly soured at the though of paying double, he put the bottle of rum back on the table and waited. The lad didn't keep him waiting long and soon returned with another note. Keagon took the note and held up one finger to let the lad know to wait. A small smile crept across his face as he tucked the note into his bracer. "Ye did good laddy, 'ere ye go, now off with ye." Keagon handed the bottle of rum to the lad and sent him away with a slight nod.

"It's good business." he thought to himself while he waited for the dockmaster to finally show. Looking back to the table he thought he caught the elf with the pinkish hair looking his direction, with a slight chuckle he dismissed it. "Ye will just have to wait lass, bigger spoils to contend with now." Keagon stood as the dockmaster strode up and clasped his hand in a firm shake. With a smile, Keagon gave him a pat on the back and withdrew his hand, slipping the parchment into his bracer. Keagon sat back down giving the dockmaster no more attention.

Keagon pulled a toothpick out of a small pouch and began to chew on it. He grabed and empty bottle of rum and pulled the lable from and and began to sketch on the back. It most have gotten late as the place was begining to thin out a bit. Keagon beamed as a few new sailors walked in, "Oi, mates over 'ere. Drinks are on me lads." Keagon passed the sketch over to a large Arman and gave him a nod. The group kept to themselves. Keagon was deep in talks when he noticed another castanic male enter. He'd seen this one before once or twice during his visits over the years. He was someone of note although at this time Keagon had other things on his mind. As his guests made small talk, Keagon laced his hands behind his head and though, "In three days time two more ships will be at the bottom of the sea, cargo and crew mysteriously gone." He smiled and spoke under his breath, "Does life get any better then being a pirate captain?" He chuckled to himself and went back to the conversation.
    Keagon
    Keagon

A Pirate's Journal Empty Re: A Pirate's Journal

Post by Keagon Tue May 29, 2012 8:55 pm

High on the cliff to the east of Cutthroat Harbor Keagon stood as the last of the sun hid herself behind the sea. He always hated the climb but it had become a ritual of sorts to him. He stood there and allowed his eye to adjust to the darkness that now surrounded him. He inhaled deeply of the salty night air and listened to the lullaby of the waves far beneath him. Keagon spoke softly and quietly to the sea. "How many ships have I set at ye bottom now? I've stopped counting now, but I suppose one day ye will show me ye self." He chuckled to himself, "I be sending ye two more tomorrow's eve and I shall give ye the customary cut of half the crew from each."

Keagon took his sword and shield and tossed them from the cliff. "Ye have always given 'em back, ye ain't gonna change ye mind on me now are ye?" With a hearty laugh Keagon removed the rest of his armor and tossed it off the cliff as well. Standing high atop the cliff in just his britches, he shivered slightly at the cool night air. "Ye always did know how to send the chills down me back." Slowly stepping to the edge of the cliff Keagon soften a bit and looked down to the dark waters below him. "Let the sea guide me...", and as he trailed off he dove from the cliff towards his waiting mistress the sea.
    Keagon
    Keagon

Post by Keagon Wed May 30, 2012 10:55 pm

Keagon stood at the helm of his ship Reaper and surveyed the sea before him. It was this calm before the storm that always made his stomach tighten slightly. Everything was in place and the plan would work, it always did. He had just started going over the details in his head one last time when sails on the horizon brought him back to the task at hand. Taking a deep breath, he gave his crew a nod and changed heading.

"Lower the retrieval team." he shouted, when the dark silhouette's of the merchant ships came into view. As the long boats hit the water the night sky's erruped in red as two explosions shattered the silence of the night. "Man ye stations and remember, half to the sea." He held the his course steady as his retrieval collected half the cargo and some of the merchant ships unfortunate crew.

"Open the holds and lets get 'er loaded quick and put the winds to our backs lads." The salvaged cargo from the merchant ships were loaded on board. The captured sailors were placed in irons and chained to the deck. "Take the helm Boats." Keagon said as he relinquished the helm to the boatswain's mate. He walked to the rail and cast his gaze upon his new guests. "Ye are guests upon the Reaper lads. Your brethren are the lucky ones for they returned to the sea. Alas, I can't promise ye as kind 'o fate." Glancing over his shoulder he spoke to the man on the helm, "Takes us to the meeting spot Boats." Without waiting for an acknowledge ment Keagon gracefully climbed the ropes up to the crowes nest and watched the burning wreckage sink into the black depths.
    Keagon
    Keagon

Post by Keagon Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:45 pm

The sun was just peaking over the horizon as the beach came into view. "Get the cargo loaded and on the beach lads, it's pay day." Keagon yelled from the crowes nest. Two long boats set off to the beach with the cargo as Keagon swung down from the nest. "End 'o the road for ye lads and can't say it's gonna be a 'appy ending." Keagon looked to the prisoners chained to his deck with what could have been seen as pitty. "Perhaps by some strange twist 'o fate, I may meet some of ye again." Keagon gave a nod to his boatswain and they were unchained from the deck. "May the sea guide you miserable lot..." and with another nod, the prisoners were loaded into the last long boat.

"Ye know what the agreed terms were Boats, if they altered it in any way ye know what to do." The boatswain smiled at Keagon and gave a nod before lowering himself into the long boat. Keagon watched the last long boat head towards the beach. Sure they would be expecting him but his gut told him staying out of this one was best. His gut hadn't failed him yet so he rewarded it with a long swig of rum.

He paced about the decks looking up occasionally to see the position of the sun. "What be taking them so long?" he wondered. He continued to pace, he didn't like sitting out in the broad daylight like this, even if this harbor was secluded. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, he saw the three long boats headed back. "Get ye worthless hides back on these decks and lets put this beach to our backs." he yelled as his crew came along side.

"Get those long boats secured then get ye arse over 'ere Boats." he yelled. "Why'd ye take so long?" he asked as the boatswains mate finally made it over. "He tried to double cross us Scurge so we gutted 'im in front of 'is men. They paid us the double we demanded." Keagon smiled, "Aye, good job. Now let's get back, shall we?". The boatswain mate nodded and set his course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:25 pm