Onyx Rose Company

Pirates Colors Over Business

Voriel
    Admin

Pirates Colors Over Business

Post by Voriel on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:26 am

With the coming of summer, the heat led to more men in port. The youthful tried signing on as greenhorns for the shippers tied to port, the caravans making deliveries and trips, and the few pirates willing to take them on as so much offal. Much later would the grizzled arrive, from their own ships or finally freed from the brig of some deep cell to continue on with their pirating. Often the jails let them go for the prices on their heads helped increased the odds of a bounty, or simply cause death led to new pirates, unpredictable and far more cruel to make a point.

Such work was a dirty thing, running the federation ships and merchant lines hard, thieving each other, and adding crossed bones for downed ships and deaths. The wars would start soon, one that Arawn hoped to delve into again. His interests had remained only a dabbling with long nights spent listening to the tales and spinning himself a part of them.

Before he could only tempt fates for a chance at the riches out in the seas, traded with cannon fire and blood. So it was in these early weeks with the tides rising and outfits readying for sailing that Arawn had a drink sent to the returning pirate occupying the same damn chair he had night on end while making his deals.

The Castanic gave Voriel a look, raising his glass and seeking the back corner he used at times for those unwilling to meet in his office. A rounded booth with a small table with enough dagger marks to tell stories of lost and won bets, and the end of enough men such as himself.

The elf moved with that sure grace of their kind, though with far more curves than a single woman should ever be born with. She spied the human pirate, one with a few names, one of which might be Keagon. Arawn lost a bit of gold to learn that alone from the portsman.

Reaching across, she took up a glass of some frippery wine and a bottle with two shot glasses. With a sideways look, she murmured to this captain. "The gentleman in the corner would like to see you."
    Keagon

Re: Pirates Colors Over Business

Post by Keagon on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Keagon sat at the same table as he had a few nights ago. Cutthroat was busy and more importantly, overloaded with new cargo. Tonight was a night of rest though, he'd earned that much. Hoisting a bottle of rum to his lips he smiled as he heard a few tales of the attack the other night. It always amused him to hear how much more exciting the stories sounded then what actually happened.

Keagon watched as the same elven woman he saw the other night approached. "The gentleman in the corner would like to see you." she murmured. "Aye, would he now? Normally I'd take tell 'im to piss off and let me enjoy me rum, but since he sent a nice 'nough lookin messanger I'll 'umor 'im." Keagon stood and grab his bottle of rum, "Lead on then lass." Keagon followed the elven woman to the booth and sat across from the Castanic fellow. Take a large swig of rum Keagon spoke. "Well 'ere I am, now what can I do ye outta?"
    Voriel
    Admin

Post by Voriel on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 pm

When meeting Arawn, everyone entered and walked away with one singular image to always remember. The smile that shifted and changed into rakish smirks, toothily set wide grins, and ended with the slightest twitch at the corner as if he held some truth about the entire affair that would leave you ever on the receiving end of a boot to the head. Perhaps Keagon knew the type, it wasn't the smile you needed to watch.

It was the eyes. This man was a predator, despite the slick appearance.

"And so you are. Sit if you would, drink. I've a bit of business to discuss."

The more he talked, the further his lips pulled back and over those teeth. So much like a shark. Or frikzen fish, with those tiny needle fangs, nibbling until they hit a juicy artery or vein to run waters red. The elf slid into the booth near Arawn, flicking free a bit of toriacloth to rub and clean at the two shot glasses. For a moment, the pirate could swear her hand glimmered blue over each one. Yet the Castanic never once raised a brow or gave a start. He accepted the freshly poured rum in the shot glass, and saluted before downing it.

"The season soon will pull you from port. And from what I've seen of the usual men that enter this place, you've the look of someone that takes it seriously. And I do love someone that takes pride in their work." He held out the glass as the elf filled it just so much, offering another across to the pirate.

"I'd like a part of the stakes."
    Keagon

Post by Keagon on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Keagon seemed to be relaxed and returned the Castanic's smile when he heard the word business. Shaking his head slightly at the elf he spoke, "Keep ye glass lass, I brought me own." Keagon flashed a grin and took a long swig from the bottle of rum he'd brought over. He turned his attention back to the man sitting before him. "Business ye say lad?" Keagon leaned back and studied the two across the table for a moment. "I know ye be of some 'portance round 'ere. Ye got that air bout ye at least." Taking another swig of rum his smile began to fade. "Aye, I take me job seriously. Ye can ask any of the miserable lot 'ere and they all will tell ye the same."

Keagon lean forard and held both with a stern gaze. "Ye want part of the stakes? Aye, I do believe an agreement can be arranged. Just don't question me methods." Keagon finished the last of the rum in a large gulp and tossed the bottle from the booth. "So do we have an accord?" Keagon reached his hand across the table. "And will ye be leaving me to me own winds, or be you or some of your own men be looking to cut their teeth on the sea?" Keagon smiled a dark smile at the Castanic across from him.
    Voriel
    Admin

Post by Voriel on Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:52 am

With a tug of corner, Arawn's grin remained ever present, and yet something of the ease of the conversation made him rethink. Forward, clear, despite the rum the pirate held his own mind, and from what the port keeper said...right on the money for a partner worth his salt. Which meant a misstep could lead to ending up with the fishes. The hard look from the pirate met a keen consideration in return from the Castanic.

Giving his chin a rub, he turned over the possibilities. "You are your own captain, sir. Of that, upon your own ship, I accept and wouldn't change. If I've a man to send out with you, not a greenhorn would I saddle you with, but someone of quality. Have not fear of that. You've done well on your own, and that makes me interested. Why..." he chuckled while motioning to the side, "..rock the boat?"

"Consider it an accord indeed, but I would like a little something in writing. For now, fencing and cargo. I'll help with your Federation entanglements. You provide goods that need selling and perhaps take a crate or two for me the lawmen would shackle me for. Anything beyond that as it comes." Voriel gave Arawn the slightest of nods, as if the wiggle room would aid in keeping a man like this in the pocket, and him a chance to add to the contract as they went.

Glass refilled, he held it up. "Agreed?"
    Keagon

Post by Keagon on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:10 am

"Aye, it's an accord then." Keagon grinned at the two across the table. Keagon leaned back in the chair "Business partners that know to leave a cap'n be is the best kind of business partner. Pitty ye don't 'ave anyone interested in learnin what the sea has to teach though." Keagon shrugged and waved a wench over. "Git me 'nother one of me bottles would ye lass?" Keagon focused his attention to the two sitting across from him again.

"Fencing and cargo be fine, though ye could 'ave found blokes cheaper then me to do that, but crates that would have ye thrown in irons peaks me interest. Consider those to be free of charge." Keagon's grin twisted and looked more like a shark's. "I hope ye keep good our accord Castanic, I'd 'ate for us to 'ave to renegotiate." Keagon placed a small pouch on the wench's tray as he took the bottle of rum. "Thanks lass, now that's for ye plus," Keagon stands and yells out through the bar "Drinks be on me lads so drink up!" He pulls the cork from the bottle with his teeth and then sits back down. Taking a long swig from the bottle he looks to the Castanic and Elf in front of him. "Drink up then mates!" Keagon settles back, relaxed and with that same shark like grin upon his lips.
    Voriel
    Admin

Post by Voriel on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:14 am

Eyes riveted on the captain, Arawn delved into the spirit of things. They both had a great deal to gain, and fair little to lose in the venture. Yet the talk of learning the sea sparked that old interest of his. Perhaps a bit of voyage could be a good thing now and again. "You never know, captain. I may just take you up on that offer."

The elf leaned back, legs crossed, shuffling through a few parchments until she found one the castanic liked, murmuring a few notes here and there for her to change. He gave it his usual flourish of a signature and left it across to Keagon as he enjoyed his newly arriving bottle. Leaning back himself, he took a moment to enjoy the view.
    Keagon

Post by Keagon on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:53 am

Keagon's grin widened when the castanic stated he may take him up on the offer. Taking another healthy swig of rum Keagon slid the parchment over and set the bottle of rum down. "Not that I don't trust ye lad, but ye don't mind if I read over this contract do ye? I don't much like the idea of someone having me by me balls so to speak." Keagon read over the contract thoroughly, mumbling slightly to himself. Keagon reached for the quill while placing the parchment back on the table. As he started to sign he spoke, "Mind ye now, if I feel me or me crew has been cheated, I will burn this whole town to the ground." Keagon completed signing the parchment then slid the parchment and quill back over to the elf. "I put my faith in ye though lad," Keagon raised his bottle to the two with his ever present sharklike grin "'ere's to a very profitable venture for both of us!"
    Keagon

Post by Keagon on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:19 pm

Keagon was in good spirits as he waved the wench over, "Oi, lass. Now be a good girl and go and fetch me a fiddle." Keagon took a long swig of rum then put the bottle off to the side. He smiled at the two in front of him and then climbed up on the table and faced the crowded bar. "Right ya bilge rats, sing along if ye know the tune!" Keagon grabbed the fiddle from the wench and began to play. The sailors in the bar began to bang the mugs on the table as Keagon started the songs lyrics off "Shiver my timbers, shiver my soul..." the sailors joined in and all continued to sing "Yo Ho He Ho". Keagon turned slightly and gave his two current companions a wink as he and the rest of the bar broke full on into the song.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:13 pm