Home of the Onyx Rose Company - Guild on Celestial Hills - Tera US

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onyx Rose Company

5 posters

CLASS: Warrior

Baeshra
    Baeshra

CLASS: Warrior Empty CLASS: Warrior

Post by Baeshra Thu May 10, 2012 2:32 am

I found this video especially helpful for observing how a warrior attacks and moves. As the narrator says initially, this is not a guide to walk you step by-step-through your abilities because you can read the bleedin' tooltips.

It's 18 minutes, but only half of that is guide, the other half is footage of a Cultist's Refuge solo, so feel free to skip the wangdoodling at the end.
    Arawn
    Arawn

CLASS: Warrior Empty Re: CLASS: Warrior

Post by Arawn Thu May 10, 2012 9:21 am

Yup, see why this class is fun? You never stop moving, never is there a time where you just stand in a spot hittin yer abilities.
    Dragonbait
    Dragonbait

Post by Dragonbait Thu May 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Exactly the faster you move the more excited you get until the ultimate climax and you reach your goals! Very fun class indeed! Smile
    Baeshra
    Baeshra

Post by Baeshra Tue May 15, 2012 6:14 am

A question about stances: are they used while solo leveling? If so, Assault or Defensive? Or is it just too much a mana drain to be viable solo?
    Antonius824
    Antonius824

Post by Antonius824 Tue May 15, 2012 6:46 am

I'd imagine that if you don't find the stances to be too crippling mana wise, the offensive stance would be the way to go for leveling.
    Verael
    Verael

Post by Verael Tue May 15, 2012 8:17 am

I would say offensive for leveling also. But that is likely just going to allow for faster deadifying of things.
    Dragonbait
    Dragonbait

Post by Dragonbait Tue May 15, 2012 12:31 pm

i use aggressive for leveling/dps defensive for tanking and or poor tank.
    Arawn
    Arawn

Post by Arawn Fri May 18, 2012 7:15 pm

CLASS: Warrior Chain1
    CLASS: Warrior Chain2
    CLASS: Warrior Chain3

I have them basically setup into two long strings of attacks. I can then stop these strings at any point or if I want to just use single abilities I use my action bars.

String #1

Combo Attack --> Rising Fury --> Blade Draw --> Competitive Strike --> Traverse Cut

This combo will maximize my debuffs and stack traverse cut to 13 (that's its max). This is often my opener in solo and in groups because of the debuffs.

My next String I have modified into 2 beginnings but they end the same so it's the same cool down.

Backstab --> Rain of Blows --> Death From Above --> Vortex Slash --> Blade Draw --> Competitive Strike --> Traverse Cut

This will then use my Rain of Blows (one of our heavy hitting attacks) with the debuffs, restack the debuffs and then after the Traverse Cut your Rain of Blows is off CD ready to use again. Keep in mind that with the Death From Above I have it glyphed to increase my attack speed so this is really a fast shooting combo attack.

The shortened version of this same string that I used when I didn't have Backstab is the following...

Vortex Slash --> Blade Draw --> Competitive Strike --> Traverse Cut

I would use Rain of Blows before and after this chain.

Poison Blade I rarely use as it doesn't really scale, so like the damage it's doing for you at your level, it barely does anything more at mine so it really is a waste of MP.

Also I do use Battle Cry when solo'ing because of the aoe stun aspect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content