Home of the Onyx Rose Company - Guild on Celestial Hills - Tera US

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onyx Rose Company

3 posters

The Mysterium

Voriel
    Voriel
    Admin

The Mysterium Empty The Mysterium

Post by Voriel Fri May 11, 2012 4:58 am

Little is known about the Mysterium, other than that it is based in Allemantheia and was instrumental in turning back the argon tide. Ostensibly a union of magical disciplines from across Tera, it is secretive and often incomprehensible motives brand it a perfect organization for the elves who champion it.

The spiritual successor to the Holy Empire's Council of Magic, members of the Mysterium can be found in any place of “ancient” power, in every major city of the federation, walking alongside dusty desert roads, and wherever they are least expected. They seek to understand, not control, though they are the first to act when one of their “own” uses magic for some nefarious purpose.

What does the Mysterium seek?
    Only the members truly know this answer. The organization began as a university, a school, of magics with a pointed interest in the Arcane. Over the ages, the institution founded and evolved by the Elves has become one of research, investigation, experimentation, and dominance in all areas of magic. They have also taken an interest in the powers of the world such as gods and demigods, magical creations, and aberrations twisted by natural and unnatural forces.

Yet no matter the aspects of religious intent, they view these beings as nothing more than magical, arcanists that have evolved or traveled worlds.

Who joins the Mysterium?
    Elves, now the High Elves, have ruled this magical school. When joining the Valkyon Federation, they have finally opened their doors to other arcanits, mages, sorcerors, and will workers from other disciplines and races.

Typically, only the magical join the Mysterium. These include sorcerers mainly. Sometimes mystics and priests. Any other classes may be associated, but rarely ever true members.

(more soon)

The Mysterium TERA_ScreenShot_20120504_140722

The Mysterium TERA_ScreenShot_20120504_194027

Last edited by Voriel on Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sylvara

The Mysterium Empty Re: The Mysterium

Post by Sylvara Fri May 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Thank you voriel, this helps out a lot. I'm kinda glade i changed my elf from a archer to a Sorcerer after all.
    Voriel
    Voriel
    Admin

Post by Voriel Fri May 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Awesome! Smile I'll be adding a ton more to it, just going through screen shots for quests etc.
    Atonis
    Atonis

Post by Atonis Fri May 25, 2012 3:40 pm

This is pretty good. I didn't even know half of this stuff, but luckily all of it applies to Atonis.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am