Home of the Onyx Rose Company - Guild on Celestial Hills - Tera US

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onyx Rose Company

+3
Sylvara
Arawn
Voriel
7 posters

The Onyx Rose Meeting Place (Open Guild RP)

Reyth
    Reyth

The Onyx Rose Meeting Place (Open Guild RP) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Onyx Rose Meeting Place (Open Guild RP)

Post by Reyth Fri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Her brow arched on his words, "Fine establishment." But she said nothing.

She begrudgingly took the pen, trying to hide the disdain on her face for once again being reminded at how scarce her finding work had been lately. It wasn't that she was ungrateful towards him, but every time he (or anyone for that matter) brought it up, it was a slap in her face. She was failing herself.

Scanning over the parchment, she signed it hastily, her handwriting boasting of a prominent upbringing, not one of the streets.

"I'd appreciate it," Her replied coolly as she slid the parchment back to him. "If you'd stop bringing up my current employment situation. My affairs outside of here have no need to be brought up."

It was done, she had signed her life away to this company for a year. Without realizing it, she began to tap her foot against the seat. It was a strange feeling, she wouldn't have to worry about making ends meet for the next year. So what was with the anxiety then?

She ran her tongue over her lips, noticing how dry they felt. Against her better judgement she asked. "Have anything to drink?"

Arawn
    Arawn

The Onyx Rose Meeting Place (Open Guild RP) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Onyx Rose Meeting Place (Open Guild RP)

Post by Arawn Fri May 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Folding his hands under his chin as he nodded towards a cart under a painting. The cart held a silver tray with various bottles of liquid of every color, along with several glasses along the side.

"Help yourself."

Reaching forward and collecting the newly signed contract, his eyes glancing over everything before putting it into a different drawer in his desk that required a key. After locking it away his attentions focused back on the woman.

"I agree, your past employment status or your outside affairs are none of my business."

His eyes lighting up as the grin is made but even larger.

"I don't have to wonder the state, or the lack there of if you don't even haggle the percentage that is taken out down."
    Reyth
    Reyth

Post by Reyth Fri May 04, 2012 4:24 pm

As soon he said, "Help yourself." She was up and moving. She didn't even stop to think about what she wanted. Reyth grabbed the first bottle she saw and poured it generously into a glass as he continued to speak.

Then she heard, "I don't have to wonder the state, or the lack there of if you don't even haggle the percentage that is taken out down."

She tossed the drink back as to hide the groan that would have escaped her. Idiot! Why to show how desperate we really are! Crinkling her nose in distaste at her own stupidity, she poured another full glass and turned to face him.

She wanted to think of a good comeback, but instead only gulped down her freshly poured drink. Cheeks red with embarrassment, she gestured at him with the empty glass.

"Are we done here then?"
    Arawn
    Arawn

Post by Arawn Fri May 04, 2012 4:28 pm

The smug smirk still on his face as he spoke.

"We are, you can go back downstairs and ask Shuba for a room, tell him you're with Onyx Rose so you get one of the better ones."

Leaning back in his chair, watching her down the liquid.

"Are you not even curious what the modest percentage is that will be taken out?"

Before she could even respond to the question he quickly told her as he wanted to see the reaction on her face.

"Forty percent."

Today he thought, she gained a valuable lesson, even if she didn't wish to learn it.
    Reyth
    Reyth

Post by Reyth Fri May 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Forty percent. Forty perfect. Forty percent.

She couldn't help but glower at him. "I bet you're damn proud of that."

Turning around, she put the glass back and picked up the bottle instead. She faced him once again. "I'm taking this. I see it only right as I was just financially raped. Although I will say it was in thanks to my own stupidity."

Shaking her head, she made her way to the door, taking occasional swigs from the bottle and all the while mumbling something about Castanics.
    Voriel
    Voriel
    Admin

Post by Voriel Fri May 04, 2012 4:46 pm

Sweeping wide her arms, Voriel collected the bit of gold she won from a third hand. Such a terrible situation that Alektos loved every minute of. The more the men oogled, the more the elf won, the easier it would be to clean her out shortly. Grinning for once, she settled back in her seat, ordering a much stronger drink and a couple of those delicacies Arawn had let her sample before. One or two could hardly cause too much of a problem.

"Better evening then after a hard day?" Alektos kicked back her chair, crossing her legs to rest one stiletto heel on the edge of the table. The other heel rocked and flicked at Voriel earning the elf a lewd view of her friend's crotch.

"It was until this moment. Must you?"

"I must."

"Very well. Then you can see to finding me chocolate before bed. I want something sweet--"

"If you have a sweet tooth..." The berserker began those words letting them trail off as she spied a couple of castanics at the next table making motions and raising fingers of coin, offers, and a round upstairs. She nearly accepted except for the opportunity of cornering her roommate in some devious way. It never panned out, but the challenge left her smirking.

"I do, but not for what you may be thinking. Now, play your cards so I can win your gold to buy another round."
    AmaraD
    AmaraD

Post by AmaraD Fri May 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Malani tilted her head, listening to the muted rumble of noises from the bar under her room. It sounded like Voriel was in house - elven voices had a distinct tone even in the tavern noise. Which meant Alektos wouldn't be far behind.

Mal doubted Alektos had much of a chance of cracking that one, but she'd never met a Castanic who would turn down a challenge. Either way, because

Her room here at the Craven was finally starting to get civilized. She'd spent the day locked in after her possessions had finally arrived. Using her earnings to get the bed replaced with something cushy and large enough for her height. Plus rom for company.

A small desk and a few rough bookshelves to unpack her tomes and ledgers. Cramped, but it would do for now.

After she finished replacing the lock.
    Alektos
    Alektos

Post by Alektos Sat May 05, 2012 12:30 am

Sitting back and listening to the clink of glass on wood and the chatter of the patrons of the bar Alek smiled to herself. So she wanted sweets did she?

Glancing around the tavern Alek quickly found what she was searching for lurking in the shadows near a table of fancy looking strangers. The men obviously did not visit establishments like this often or they would not be dressed in clothes that screamed rob me. They would soon learn a hard lesson when they found themselves unable to pay their tab but that was of no concern of hers.

Turning her gaze back to her quarry a sharp quick whistle to catch the boys attention. Street rats like him were common enough around dives like this. Their nimble little fingers making off with the contents of your pockets long before you ever notice it missing. The fine gentlemen at the other table a prime target for urchins like him. For a few coin they make decent errand boys as well, so long as you don’t pay them all the promised coin before they return from whatever job you gave them.

Hearing the whistle the boy looks up in the direction it came from. Alek motions him over the glint of gold more temptation than the cautious boy can resist. Leaning close so as not to be overheard she whispers "I need you to purchase something for me and if you return with my items and the change there will be a gold piece in it for you." The boys eyes lit up at the promise of a gold piece.

"What'll I be fetchin for yeh?" He asked not taking his eyes off the coins in Alek's hand.

Leaning closer she whispers softly "I need you to find the best merchant you can and buy me a large box of their finest chocolate. Don’t loose yourself on the way back or I can promise you will regret it for a very long time." Sure that the child understood as he quickly nodded she handed him some coin and watched him run out the door. Grinning now she turned back to the table and the cards resting before her on it.

Glancing again at her hand she looks back at the men and Voriel her grin firmly back in place and wider than ever with what she had planned. "So where were we?"
    Sylvara

Post by Sylvara Sat May 05, 2012 2:09 am

After finishing her 2nd glass of wine, Sylvara grew bored of just standing alone drinking. Looking across the bar for Shuba who was currently wiping it down, she whistles loudly to get his attention, "Hey barkeep! Over here!" "The name is Shuba not barkeep, and stop making such a racket.", replies Shuba as he walks over to Syl. "So what can I do for ya?" "Got any bottles of Deva's Delight?" "Hrm...I'll have to check....Deva's Delight right?" "Ya, it's a Castanic drink" Shuba then walks out sight, off into a back room. After a couple of minutes, Shuba returns with a bottle in his hand. "Is this it?" replies Shuba as he sets a dusty bottle in front of Syl. Wiping the bottle's label clean, Syl reads the words Deva's Delight, "That be it, how many bottles ya got and how much you want for them?" Shuba rubs his chin trying to decide, "Well it looks like i got a full crate of the stuff, and seeing as how I actually had to pry it open for the first time for you, I'll give ya the entire crate for 2 gold coins." "Throw in the contact information on how to get the stuff, and you got yourself a deal." and with that, Syl slams 2 gold coins onto the counter. "Mind handing be a couple of bottles from the crate and moving the rest upstairs into my room?" "Heh, sure" Shuba then places 4 bottles in front of her. "Thanks a lot, shuba, pleasure of doing business with ya" Syl then refocuses her gaze on the patrons of the tavern, "Alrighty, I have the booze, now to find players."
    Voriel
    Voriel
    Admin

Post by Voriel Sat May 05, 2012 4:05 am

The Amani was a veteran of wars ended before the girl with a burning hole in her pocket was sired in some random Castanic bed, yet gold was gold. If she wanted to whisle and hustle him about for some tarty drink no one in port much cared for, so be it. Arawn had given him a list of names, descriptions, people to watch for. This one seemed one of his. He could deal with her soused and busy. Or, perhaps, Shuba might turn the girl out. She had that look, of a vixen.

All accommodating, he held to his word with Arawn and this company. Play nice, till it's time to not be nice. He took the two gold, flashing a smile that made his face look like a caved-in diseased jackolantern, nothing short of gruesome. "Whatever, sweet cheeks. As for how to buy that pig swill, it's less than a day's ride, right back to Castanica where you came from."

With a snap of rag, enough to leave a mark on wood, he got some bar wench's attention to have the wine hauled up. Thankfully it turned some form of profit. Else he would have considered degreasing the bar with it.

The two pirates down the way had one of the ol' whores from Arawn's game between them chatting so far. They eavh gave Sylvara a look, appraising up and down. A few tables had the usual lot, some having an evening meal talking about fishing. Others adventures fresh from the road, or heading out to it soon. Mostly Castanics and Humans filled the place, with the random High Elf, the one Amani owner, and a sly looking popori mutt smoking like a chimney from a pipe.

The finest dressed were an elf and human trying to see what slumming it might be like, or simply catering to close private deals without being seen, and the crew of the Onyx Rose.
    Verael
    Verael

Post by Verael Sat May 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Taking a break from working down at the docks, Verael made his way to the tavern, and more specifically, right up to the bar, where he removed the bandana that had been tied around his head, and wiped at the sweat and sea spray that glistened on his face and neck. "Shuba, when you've got a moment to spare, something strong. It's been a long day out there."

Verael glanced around the room, picking out familiar faces, new faces, and everything that caught his fancy. His attire was not his usual armour, but the same clothes many of the dock workers wore, and it clung to him, along with the salty smell of the sea. He set a few coins on the bar as Shuba brought the drink. Before letting the drink go, Shuba made eye contact with the castanic.

His voice was gruff, and came across in a low whisper, "Continue leaving 'things' in your room as you have, and you'll be paying double."

Nodding, Verael slid a few more coins toward the Aman and gave him a grin. "Understood. I'll be sure I clean up all of my 'messes' before I head off."

Shuba nodded an agreement as he let go the drink, scooping the coins up and wandering off along the bar. Happily gathering up his drink, Verael made his way to the other side of the tavern, purposefully avoiding Arawn and the gambling, in a vain attempt at keeping it out of mind, and not watching his brother lose more money, that should have been used for repayment.

The Castanic settled for a table off to the side, giving him an excellent view of the room, and the stairs leading to the upper floor, with Arawn mostly out of sight. He leaned back in the chair, causing the front feet to lift off the floor as he took his first drink, letting out an audible sigh of relaxation.
    Reyth
    Reyth

Post by Reyth Sat May 05, 2012 7:21 pm

Reyth didn't wait for a reply from Arawn, instead she marched down back to the tavern, all the while taking long and deliberate swigs from the bottle in her hand. More people had shown up, but she was oblivious to the new faces. A scowl prominent on her own features, she went to the far end of the bar and sat down, slamming the nearly half empty bottle on the counter.

Shuba, although busy with customers, shot her a look. Without a word, she pointed to a dark amber colored whiskey on the shelf behind him and slapped some gold down next to her current drink. Should have never come here. She grumbled to herself silently. What the hell am I getting myself into?

She realized she should could have asked for her room as Arawn suggested, but she was to busy drowning her stupidity away with the alcohol.
    Sylvara

Post by Sylvara Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 pm

While searching for her next prey, Sylvara noticed a male castanic entering the tavern. As he approached the bar, Syl could smell the sea salt coming off of him. She studied him further as he left with his drink to sit at a table. "Hmmm....he could be fun", and with that thought, Syl scooped up 3 of her bottles in her left arm, grabbed the other bottle with her right and headed for the table where the Castanic was sitting at. Once at the table, she put the bottle on the table, leaned over while facing the castanic, using her right hand to support herself, and ask, "Mind if I join you, brother?"
    Verael
    Verael

Post by Verael Sun May 06, 2012 6:22 pm

The chair met the ground with a loud thump, abruptly stopping his foward descent. Verael kept his composure as best he could, with his drink now dribbling down his chin, onto his shirt. "Oh, oh! Sorry, wasn't expecting company..." Verael paused as he appraised Sylvara, "at least not while finishing my drink."

He lifted part of his shirt and wiped the drink from his face. "Someone is supposed to be expecting me, before too long, and they're not one I'd like to keep waiting. I do apologize." Verael downed the last of his drink, and set the empty mug upon the table, before sliding the chair out, and making his way toward the stairs, to the rooms above.

He made his way up the stairs, and past many room doors, quietly walking along until he paused at one door in particular. He eyed it warily before glancing back at the path he came, and counting out each door he had walked past, nodding when his count stopped at the door infront of him. Raising a hand to knock, he stopped, grinning to himself. Instead, Verael reached for the handle and proceeded to open the door.
    AmaraD
    AmaraD

Post by AmaraD Sun May 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Intent on the lock parts scattered over her desk, Malani almost didn't notice the movement behind her. The sorcerer disk was hovering over her work, spinning very slowly and conjuring a gentle light for the fine work. Amber sleeves rolled up to prevent them from getting in the gear grease.

The soft creak did get her attention though - she whipped around sharply, the disk that had been hovering as a makeshift lantern screeched to speed and went flying out toward the intruder. Halting just shy of the Castanic face peeking in.

Malani relaxed as she identified her visitor, and smirked at Verael as she lounged in her seat "Knocking is generally customary before entering, particularly with so many unsavory types around."
    Verael
    Verael

Post by Verael Sun May 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Verael pushed the disk away with an index finger as he entered the room, a grin lighting up his face, "Exactly! If I had knocked, you might think it was someone unsavory." He squinted at her work, before returning his attention to the Amani. "Reworking the entire room, are you? Seems you've made it a bit cramped with that giant of a bed..."

He walked across the room, standing next Malani as she lounged, and more closely scrutinizing her work. Without asking, he picked up the lock, and began to inspect it from all angles. "You know, we Castanics are known for our skill in craft, and I am very skilled with my hands... At fine crafts, such as this even." His grin widened across his lips as he reached for one of the tools on the desk.

Sitting atop the desk, Verael watched Malani from the corner of his eye as he worked, much of it seemed routine for him, as he pulled out pieces, inspected, and cleaned them off, on his shirt. Once he was satisfied with the state of the materials, Castanic began to reassemble the lock, applying grease as necessary, and testing for motion and function along the way, until it was entirely reassembled. The lock was placed, along with the tools, next to himself on the desk, and he winked.
    Arawn
    Arawn

Post by Arawn Mon May 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Pleased with his work, adding another mercenary to the company at a rate that the company would turn a profit on every contract. Arawn opened the door from his office and stepped out into the hallway. Taking two steps to the railing he looked down at the now busy tavern and took notice of all the new people who had gathered while he was away conducting business.

Heading towards the stairs he looked at his normal table in the back, seeing how well it filled he decided to head over to the end of the bar. He had enough gambling for one evening, and knew when to take his winning and apply them to drink.

Raising his hand to gain the attention of Shuba he ordered his usual drink and awaited for it to be served. Tapping the bar top with his fingertips as he hummed a happy little tune from his childhood.

Today was a good day.
    AmaraD
    AmaraD

Post by AmaraD Tue May 08, 2012 8:19 am

"One has to have a few civilized amenities - and unlike some of my kind, I cheerfully admit to enjoying my comforts. I also hardly fit comfortably in one of those little Castanic or elven beds."

Malani watched him rework the lock mechanism she had been assembling, her disk was once again hovering over the desk at a low hum. Nimble fingers indeed. Fine work was not her strongest skill, but she had a healthy appreciation for a craftsman at work. Observing their most reluctant member of this venture intently. Was it all just protesting to spite his brother, or was his interest really not with the company?

"So, now I know who can pick the lock on my door when I'm at home" Mal said, leaning forward to rest her elbows on the desk. She looked up at Verael with a mischievous look.

"Here to discuss business and assets? And what you plan to put into our company?"
    Voriel
    Voriel
    Admin

Post by Voriel Tue May 08, 2012 8:49 am

Sitting with a back so painfully straight it must have brought cramps, Voriel nearly glared at her cards. The two humans were easy enough to contend with. But Alektos was a fiend! Somehow she had lost the last hand. LOST. HOW?!

The cards were fickle, they sensed her weakness, and kept dealing out the worst of combinations. With a hiss of frustration, she folded trying not to gamble away every coin so quickly. The castanic gave this happy little dance in her chair, leaning over her own cards to preen at Voriel. The hand she laid...a complete bluff.

The smack of her hand on the table was followed only by a scoff moderately louder. "You ...lied?!"

"Of course! You have to get better at it." Each arm raked over the coins to gather in a gleaming pile. So perfect. So pure. So not her own anymore.

The tinest frown turned at Voriel's lips as she sulked in her own fashion, completely lost to this hand. A neverending hole, she simply could not turn away from the challenge of winning gold quickly. For all her schemes and counting of cards, it was the simpler aspects of the game that threw her off.

Of course, the ghost touch of Alektos running her boot along side Voriel's leg certainly did not aid matters in the slightest. Leaning back, the elf looked to consider leaving the table, tapping a few silvers and contemplating a drink. One of the humans still avidly considering her breasts and the taste of melons nearly slung a coin to a passing wench, paying for whatever she would have.

The women then shared a smirk, as Voriel turned away in mock shyness so he tossed more to get her friend one as well.

"See, you're learning."

"Hush."
    Verael
    Verael

Post by Verael Tue May 08, 2012 9:13 am

"Well, I could have picked it, even with how you were putting that poor thing together, but wouldn't it be simpler to just offer up a key?"

Verael placed his hands on the edge of the desk as he leaned forward, meeting eyes with the Amani. His lips turned up into a devilish grin, "Best not to put such a discussion off. I really should have a better understanding of what assets there are at my disposal... and you being so business minded, should know what skills I do bring to the table so that they're put to their best use."

The Castanic straightened up and wiped his hands clean upon his already grease-streaked shirt before sliding off the desk to stand on the floor infront of Malani, once again. He placed a hand upon her cheek, fingers resting on her jaw, thumb over her mouth and he stepped past, slowly drawing his fingers along her jawline, and gently tugging on her lower lip, until his hand was away and he made his way to stand by a bookshelf.

He removed a book at random, opening the cover with care and flipping through several pages before replacing it on the shelf, incorrectly. He continued to do this, watching her closely from the corner of his eye. Waiting. Teasing.

"I do hope this discussion is not as dull as the content of these books and ledgers, numbers are not my strong suit..."

Last edited by Verael on Tue May 08, 2012 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alektos
    Alektos

Post by Alektos Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 am

Grinning at the elf beside her pleased with her progress, Alek almost didn’t notice the return of the boy she had earlier sent to get chocolates.

Noticing his return to the tavern she turned "Ahh I see you decided to return after all. I was beginning to think i would need to track you down." She said eyebrow raised. "Did you get what i asked for?"

The boy shook his head and pointed at the box in his grubby little hands. "I got it here. Yeh got my coin?"

Alektos pulled one of the gold coins from the pile of change steadily growing in front of her and tossed it to the boy taking the package in return. Gold safely in hand the child took off back into the shadows he had been beckoned from.

Smiling to herself Alek set the box on the table next to her money and slowly opened it revealing the delicious contents to those around her. After pursuing the contents for a moment she reached out and selected on of the many chocolates on display.

Looking up from the box she stares right at Voriel lifts the chocolate to her mouth and takes a slow bite. “Delicious. Just what i needed." She licked her fingers clean and turned back to their game watching the elf from the corner of her eye.
    AmaraD
    AmaraD

Post by AmaraD Tue May 08, 2012 10:15 am

If Amani had any shared blood with dragons or ancient beasts of old, it showed in the way Mal watched Verael's movements through her room. A dark growl rumbled low and soft in the dim room as she replied.

"Hardly dull as all that. I have heard about your abilities with a lance, though I've not seen anything yet that gives me reason to believe your reputation is anything but talk."

Malani's lips twisted upward in a sharp smile at the Castanic's game - she had no intention of making this that simple. "As for the company, I doubt you have much interest in it's success besides the return of your money - one number you seem to enjoy dwelling on at length. Speaking of such, how much is the wager among your kinfolk to see who could bed me first?"
    Verael
    Verael

Post by Verael Tue May 08, 2012 2:31 pm

The Castanic paused briefly, staring at the book in silence. To someone who understood the game, that pause spoke volumes. "Any bets that exist are solely based on bedding the elf, but I am not one for wagers."

He replaced the book to its correct spot and turned, smokey-grey eyes burned as they regard the Amani in the dim light.

Standing tall, with arms outstretched Verael attempted to recover from the falter, "I stand before you, alive with all parts intact. The opponents I have faced, and creatures I have put down, act as more testament. If you are so keen on proof, then perhaps you should keep a better eye on me."

He bit his lower lip as he moved toward Malani, his eyes locked on hers. "Or perhaps it is you that should display your prowess. I have heard little of it."
    Sylvara

Post by Sylvara Tue May 08, 2012 6:06 pm

With Verael gone, up stairs somwhere, Sylvara takes a seat at the empty table and puts down her bottles. She then grabs one, pops it open and starts drinking from the bottle directly, only stopping to take a breath. Syl finally puts the bottle down after finishing about half the bottle, her cheeks have turned into a rosey color by now. "Well it looks like today is not gonna turn out so well..." She stares off out onto the harbor while taking smaller drinks from her bottle every now and then.
    Voriel
    Voriel
    Admin

Post by Voriel Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 am

Clank, stomp, the staccato of his gait brought Shuba near Arawn at the bar. A smokey dark glass clasped round by metal bands plunked in front of him. Heavy based for use on a ship, great for smashing in a skull without cracking or chipping. Word was the set of glasses were forged in the Fyrlands itself, on the ass of some elemental bound and screeching in the chill air from it's molten sea home. Whatever the stuff, it had been tossed in numerous bar fights, never breaking.

Three bottles clinked next to it. Three quarters of one, a quarter of another, and finally three tiny drops from a third no larger than a hand. With one clawed finger, he slid it across.

"Someone must have lost a bundle, you practically...glow." The craw of the amani moved around fanglike teeth as he popped open the top of some bottle on his horns.

"The elf and wench are causing a stir. Keep em in back till my girls get their johns. Don't need their damn competition stinking up the place." The bottle slung down the bar to the pirates making deals with Shuba's skanks. "And looks like one of your new street rats just bought a crate of swill, intent to rabble rouse. Just make sure if you turn her out, not to fuck with my profits, keener."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 am